STONEHAVEN DINNER MENU
The menu for the evening three course meal will be discussed with Guests to meet preferences.
Wherever possible fresh produce from our own gardens will be used plus seasonal fruit & vegetables from the Marlborough Region.
The set menu dinner at $80 pp may be made up from the following examples. This menu comprises only some dishes on offer, so please discuss other options with your hosts, Paulette & John. Once the menu for the evening is set all guests will be served the same meal.
- Warm bread with either Seresin Lemon or Lime Infused Olive Oil for dipping or Marlborough Olive Oil with hazelnut dukkah.
- Scallops (in season): Lightly marinated in lime juice, dill & parsley, seared and served on top of savoury pikelets.
- Prawn & Avocado Salad Stack: Comprising layers of avocado and pear, prawns and rice and served with sweet chilli sauce and herb mayonnaise.
- Green-shell Mussels: Simmered in white wine, served with either mushroom, spring onion, chilli & coconut cream dressing or tomato, onion & herbs.
- Homemade seasonal soups:
Cream of pumpkin: With yoghurt and bacon
Tomato: With basil cream & chilli oil
Seafood soup: Stonehaven specialty: Chunks of fresh white fish simmered in coconut cream with kumara (NZ sweet potato), spinach, onion, coriander, ginger & Chilli, garnished with green-shell mussels (optional).
- Figs (in season) stuffed with feta, pinenuts, & thyme, wrapped in proscuitto and served warm on baby rocket with lime dressing and balsamic glaze.
Served with seasonal vegetables and / or fresh garden salad
- Lamb Rack: With mustard rub and herb & citrus crust with fresh rosemary or Lamb Shank, cooked long and slow on potato and parsnip mash (available in winter).
- Chicken Tender Loin: Breast meat lightly smeared with mustard topped with breadcrumbs and simmered gently in cream
- Venison Eye Fillet: Medium rare with Red Wine Jus or Port & Berry sauce, served on red onion and mushrooms
- Fish: Panko crumbed white fish gently fried, served with caper salsa
- Pork: Slow braised cheeks with honey apple and crisp bacon, creamed kumera & garnished with fresh baby cress
- Eye Fillet of Beef: Marinated then baked in the piece, cooked medium rare & served with reduced marinade or Green Peppercorn brandy cream sauce or Individual Steaks bacon wrapped, and cooked to your preference with season fresh vegetables and/or salad.
- NZ Pavlova: Baked the traditional way with a crunchy outside and a marshmallow-textured inside. Served with fresh whipped cream and seasonal fruit
- Fruit Shortcake: Light, sweet shortcake filled with seasonal fruit. Served warm with ice cream and/or cream
- Rich Chocolate & Nut Torte: Stonehaven specialty, served warm, lightly dusted with icing sugar, with whipped cream and boysenberries simmered in Drambuie.
- Cheese platter: Three NZ cheeses, fresh fruit, savoury jam or fruit chutney & crackers.
Marlborough is renowned for its Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir.
Our intention is to provide some wines that are aged from vintages no longer available from the vineyards, and wines from exceptional, limited production or Export only vineyards some of which are unavailable for public tasting or purchase.
John has a cellar of wines available for purchase to accompany dinner or for your drinking pleasure at any time.
These include Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Merlot, and Australian Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz.
Also available are dessert wines and sparkling wines.